Welcome to the Napa Valley Wine Technical Group website...
The Napa Valley Wine Technical Group's (NVWTG for short) membership is comprised of people from within the winemaking ranks of some of the finest wine houses in the world, here in the Napa Valley. The goals of the group are as follows...
1. Continuously aim to improve the quality of Napa Valley Wines.
2. Foster good fellowship and understanding between wineries.
3. Increase the availability of technical information to members.
4. Aid members in solving technical winemaking problems.
5. Carry on enological and viticultural research.
6. Facilitate lectures by prominent members of the wine, and wine-allied industries.
To facilitate these goals, the NVWTG holds meetings monthly, from January through July. The meetings include a reception, a lecture on a technical winemaking topic, followed by a Q&A session and dinner.
The board also presents a special business meeting in December, where finances, membership, and other such topics are discussed.
Our regular social meetings generally begin at 5:30 p.m. and are typically held at the Meadowood Country Club in St. Helena.
We currently have ~150 members from the Napa Valley winemaking community.
Last Updated: March 7, 2013